What is intellectual property (IP)?
Inventions - Ideas, designs, technologies, applications, methodologies - its the creativity that produces novel technologies, better practices, products and efficiencies. IP is the legal rights that result from innovative activity.
Why do I need it?
- IP identifies ownership of intellectual creativity which allows its owner to profit from it and to stop others from making, selling or using the same without authorization.
- IP assets accrue to their owners through its business development and strategies.
- IP provides a distinct identity, image and reputation.
Who can help me?
- TEC Transfer - First Contact for University of Alberta Inventors
- TEC Source - First Contact for Edmonton Inventors